La TGIFF Positive attitude {quilting}

Thursday 24 January 2013

It is finally my time to host! How exciting! Well done for making all the way to my blog! I am Nat. I love making things for our house and people (mostly Baby MiH, who is 6 week old today!). My blog runs as a diary of my different projects and my inspirations.

Enough about me, let's discuss this Friday TGIFF. There was a plan (note to self: never discuss 'publicly' the plan before the plan is finalised), and what I am about to show you was not part of the plan. It is the back up plan I did not think I had on Wednesday.


So here we are, the back up plan and what is actually finished: another wash cloth. The design is a pattern I am working on (as clearly it has major flaws). I added some embroidery because I like it just in case someone was going to steal Baby MiH's wash cloth.


The pattern is not supposed to look like this, but this is what I ended it up with. The right side is clearly fatter than the left one (not sure if this is a reflection of my own current body shape?), and one side is not the right way round.. 


However I am on the right track with this design. I was not sure how to make what I had in my head, but I now know how, and how to rectify some of my mistakes. 


So when I had a quilt top ready, but decided I did not like it, what was I supposed to do with it? Well there is only one person in our family who cannot criticise what I make (as he cannot talk), and that is how Baby MiH ended up with a new wash cloth! Trust me, he loves it!


So that was my TGIFF story, what is yours? What have you finished for this Friday?

21 comments:

  1. Cute washcloth Nat, even if it didn't quite work out like you had planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea you're playing with - and it makes for a gorgeous wash cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 6 week old baby and you still had a back up plan - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your design it reminds me of racing stripes! I almost have a finish as I only got the top completed, but hey I linked up anyways! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool design Nat! Love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the design exactly the way you have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's lovely - I really like the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it's no surprise that embroidery is even more beautiful in French :-) Lovely wash cloth Nat§

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really lovely and the embroidery is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post! Cute wash cloth too :) Congratulations on having a 6 week old! The time goes way too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your reserve, unplanned project:) I must say, I intended to make some similar boxes to your planned ones for a Christmas gift and they are still not done - they took too long! But I am sure they (yours and mine) will be fab when completed:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the combination and cute embroidery even though I can not read it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! Love the embroidery too. Fantastic back up plan!
    Happy 6 week birthday :)
    Sadly the owl hat is too small for Lois' head but you'll be happy to know that Joan has adopted it for her Piglet toy ;) She's had so much fun playing with it. I think it was nice for her to have something that was for the baby!! Such sibling jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful embroidery and very neat pattern! Congratulations on your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry, I've nothing to show this week. Not the best week... Rrr

    Glad to hear that these things happen to others, but washcloths are nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your red embroidery on this project. It really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to repurpose it into a washcloth -- I love the addition of the red embroidery! Thanks for hosting TGIFF!, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, that's one adorable washcloth :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks lovely! And the embroidery is such a great finishing touch. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nat, this quilt is beautiful! I love the colour combination and that delicate red embroidery! Happy six week anniversary to the lovely Baby MiH!

    ReplyDelete